Tuesday, May 11, 2010

my garden






I've always wanted a garden. I love plants and flowers of all kinds. While living at Gladney, I spent some time in the greenhouse and learned to propagate plants from cuttings. In collage I had success with flowers from seeds. I never could keep a store bought plant alive though. I never thought I had enough time for a garden when I worked full time. Then I had back to back babies and was either too sick or no energy for a project like a garden. This spring I finally made it happen. I dug up the ground, prepped my garden, even made a stone border. Bought some seeds and decided that I wouldn't worry about it too much, I would just do it and learn as I went. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I was each time something sprouted. I love to go out and check on it every day. My little helpers love it too. Lillie picks the leaves off the swiss chard and eats them. We had our first harvest this week. Sweet Peas and Spinach. Hooray! I'm so thrilled, I dug up more dirt for cantaloupe and squash.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how much hope it gives me that you have already harvested something! It will be a while for me, but I'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete